Monday, October 09, 2006

Can't Stay Away From The Corn

Let it not be said that Melissa Lynn May is not spontaneous.

Idou gar! This little seminarian is shirking her responsibilities for four days in order to see relatives in Iowa, of all places.

Don't get me wrong: this trip was a long time coming. My great-uncle John's not doing great health-wise, and I desperately need to sort through the junk I left in storage at Wartburg Seminary.

Besides, it will be good to close a chapter of my life there. . .close the door on some decisions I made in that place that I am way past now. I am no longer the person who took such violently self-destructive paths, but am rather a breaking bud, breathing fresh air and experiencing a bit of birthing pain.

In the meantime, hours and hours in a Toyota Camry towards the Midwest, finding old friends, making new ones, and keeping the metaphorical pastries warm in the oven, here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.